City of London
£13.19 - £13.98 per hour
London Public Sector Branch
28 days ago
Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. HMCTS provides administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone.
Our justice system defends our fundamental rights and freedoms. It is a cornerstone of our modern society and it must serve all those who call on it, when they call on it. From some of the most vulnerable people in our society, to families in crisis, claimants and commercial businesses - HMCTS has a responsibility to administer a justice system that is accessible to everyone and operates efficiently.
Role - Admin Officer
Hours - 37 hours per week (Monday - Friday 9-5)
Pay £13.98 ph
Produce relevant documents usingtheSCCO electronic case management system (CMS).
- General photocopying and filing.
- Creating and updating records on CMS. Dealing with court fees and refunds.
- Post opening and dispatch.
- Drafting standard letters and correspondence according to guidelines and instructions on CMS.
- Handling counter (face to face), written and telephone enquiries.
- To work as a team to ensure TIB (Team Information Board) meetings are relevant, timely and productive
- To work as a team to problem solve, to assess the impact, to contribute to small projects
- To undertake ad hoc roles within the band such as Learning and Development.
- Recording and interpreting accurately the information required on a court file/CMS
- To work to workload targets in terms of throughput and accuracy
- Ensuring compliance and administration documentation meet quality standards.
- Court clerking - ensuring smooth running of hearings
- Liaising with judges/swearing in witnesses
- Good excel skills
- Good organisation skills
- Good attitude
- Ability to communicate efficiently via telephone, email etc and to remote workforce
- Ability to work on own initiative
Please note - any successful applicants will need to undergo extensive pre-employment checks, which includes 3 years' worth of referencing and a DBS check.
If this role sounds like it's for you - please hit apply or email your CV across and we will be in touch should you get through to the next stage!