Sector: Civil Service - Temporary Ongoing
Location: Birmingham Airport area
Pay Rate: £13.81 per hour
Working Hours: 4 on 4 off fixed days, Monday - Sunday. Shift times are 7am - 7.30pm
Long term, temporary roles are available now with our client, HMRC. They are looking for Administrative Officers to support with the transition period as the UK moves to operating a full, external border as a sovereign nation.
As part of a team, you will work to carry out a range of documentary functions on goods before they are cleared in to and from the United Kingdom. You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties as you support the nation in this critical time. The role is based at one specific location and requests for home and remote working will not be possible.
What you`ll need to do:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers
- Gathering information directly from customers accurately
- Inputting information into systems, ensuring details are entered correctly and promptly
- Resolving issues/queries or escalating to a line manager as necessary
What we`ll need from you:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills, a flexible approach and a positive attitude
- Availability for the full duration of your assignment
- Willing for a Health provider to assess your ability to carry out the role safely and effectively
- Ability to work a continental shift pattern which includes early, late and night shifts
- 34 days annual leave (accrued pro rata)
- Full training will be provided
If you are interested, please don`t hesitate to apply now with your most up to date CV and our team will be in touch.
HMRC in partnership with Brook Street are committed to an organisation that reflects the very best of 21st century Britain and encourage applications from all backgrounds and circumstances.
We`re proud to be a `Disability Confident Employer` and we were the first organisation to be `Clear Assured`, which recognised our efforts to recruit and retain employees with disabilities.
To date we have been recognised by the Times Top 50 Employers for Women, named a Stonewall Star Performer, and listed by Business In The Community as an inclusive employer for race.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to provide individual candidate feedback.