We have an exciting new job opportunity for a Admin Officer o join one of our Government clients in Herford. This a full-time temporary role for an ongoing 12 months with a view to extend the contract further. The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Duties include but are not limited to:
Preparing, sorting or indexing files papers, briefs and statistics.
Writing and dispatching routine or straightforward letters.
Drafting papers, orders, certificates, schedules, reports, and letters.
- Checking (papers, computer output, typing receipts, invoices, and figures).
- Photocopying documents.
- Arranging appointments, interviews, conferences, hearing dates, meetings.
- Contact with the public, colleagues and judiciary, in person or by telephone to obtain information and advising on procedure.
- Administering, making payments.
- Maintaining records.
Ordering and supplying stationery and equipment.
- Interpreting and applying rules, regulations and procedures against criteria and instructions.
- Undertaking arithmetic calculations
- Operating computer consoles and office equipment.
Organisation and planning of duties.
- Other duties as required.
The collection, sorting and delivery of general post and files / papers, both internal and external.
- Post room duties. - sorting, labelling, filling envelopes, franking post.
Taking files and documents to the other Government Departments either by public transport, taxi or on foot.
- Booking in of parties, including barristers, solicitors and professional witnesses and directing them to the correct court or area. Responding to their queries.
Liaising with the judiciary as required.
- Liaising with the listing office and court staff to ensure efficient and effective use of court and judicial time.
Assisting in the delivery of witnesses, files and papers to courts as required.
- Keeping accurate written records for statistical and future reference purposes.
Updating and searching computer records
- Filing papers and correspondence
The successful candidate should have previous admin experience and will be subject to compliance checks including a DBS.
- Good excel skills
- Good accurate recording and record keeping e.g., Delius
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently via phone, email etc and to remote workforce
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good customer service
Salary: 10.86 with benefits of pension scheme and holiday.
If you have excellent organisational skills, data entry skills and an administrative background then do not delay and apply today!