Up to £11.88 per hour + pension, holiday
AO - LCC_1698837654
about 1 month ago
Have you ever wanted to work within the civil service? Do you have great customer service and administration skills? We are looking for candidates to join our client the Ministry of Justice as an Administrative Officer
- Location: Based in Leeds City Centre (Leeds Combined Court)
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week (9:00-17:00)
- Salary: £11.88 per hour
- Temporary, ongoing contract - Chance of extension subject to client's discretion and business requirements
Overview of role:
You will provide administrative support to the everyday running's of the courts
Responsibilities will include:
- General administrative support
- Telephone calls
- Application issue and document logging
- Monitoring mailbox
- Court clerking - includes public speaking, announcing cases and swearing in witnesses
- Working with stakeholders / public
- Inputting new cases
- Interactions with Judges, court users, defendants and police officers
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Case work involving use of local IT system, Outlook and Word.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Team working Skills
- Can work under pressure
- Use your own initiative as well as working part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Strong Admin skills
- Strong IT skills- using bespoke systems
- Strong customer service
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at , providing the role's navigation link and your qualifications. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now!