The Ministry of Justice - Admin Officer
Location: Bradford Phoenix House (Office working initially and then potentially Hybrid working 2 day minimum in the office)
Hours: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 5:00 (37 hours)
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Administration Officer to join the Special Educational Needs Tribunal (SEND). Team at the Bradford Phoenix house court with our client, The Ministry of Justice based in Bradford. The role will include working as part of a flexible team. This is a very interesting role, carrying out effective and efficient administration and customer care support to the courts. You would need to provide administration support ensuring staff & service users are supported through efficient processes.The role will involve dealing with appeal registrations for the Special Educational Needs Tribunal (SEND). To ensure all the required documentation has been received in order to create a valid appeal. To also ensure there is an appropriate date for the appeal to be heard, and then creating the case on our database and create a digital case file.
The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable using the Microsoft suite and IT, especially laptops, audio and video equipment. Be able to organise their day in line with Judicial requirements and able to deal with Appellants, Legal Representatives and other Tribunal users in person, e-mail/post/video and Audio calling in a professional manner at all times.
- Receiving and distributing information and communications in an appropriate manner e.g telephone, e-mail
- Preparing, maintaining and collating records, files & management information in accordance with the standards required
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals
- General office/administration duties required
- Creating appeal cases on court databases
- Organising appeal applications
- Taking phone calls
What we are looking for:
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to speak confidently within a team- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to deal with challenging customers
- Someone looking for Long-Term temporary employment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- Ability to multitask
- Quick learner
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*