Up to £10.42 per hour
about 1 month ago
Have you ever wanted to work for the civil service? Do you enjoy admin-based roles? If so, then please read on as we have an exciting position as an admin officer to join our client the national probation service!
Client: National Probation Service
Location: York City Centre (York City Council)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm Friday- 9am- 4:30pm
Office based role, Option for Hybrid working (2 days at home)
Contract: minimum 3 months (subject to further extension)
Pay rate: £10.42ph
You will be supporting with admin duties within YatH (Yorkshire and the Humber) Corporate Support Hub predominantly around procurement, but the flexibility to learn additional processes is required. You must be confident in the use of M/S packages such as Excel, Word, Outlook etc. Training for internal systems will be provided.
You will support the delivery of regional administrative functions to ensure efficient and effective business support services are provided to internal customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Production of documents and reports using internal systems.
- Maintenance of and contributing to the continuous improvement of administrative systems, processes and workflows to meet regional requirements.
- Provide a full range of support services, which will include a broad range of administrative functions to support the hub manager.
- Assisting with the design, development and maintenance of computerised and manual records.
- and accurately.
- Respond to correspondence and queries as required.
- Record, supply and retrieve accurate data from computerised systems and provide management information to strict deadlines.
- Organise and store efficiently paper based information.
- Deal with sensitive and confidential data in accordance with data protection requirements.
- Work closely with Shared Services to ensure appropriate protocols and procedures are followed.
- Competent with M/S packages including outlook, word and excel.
- Admin experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Work well within a team.
- Able to prioritise and work towards deadlines.
- Able to work at pace.
**PLEASE NOTE: Vetting and background checks are required prior to starting which can take between 4-12 weeks due to the nature of the role**
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations across all industry sectors, as well as being a preferred and sole supplier for various Government departments. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
For further details on any of our vacancies, please contact your local Brook Street branch. Details can be found on our website.
Diversity in the workplace:
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now!