We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for our Government based client. The primary purpose of the job is to provide administrative support to enable the to meet its published standards.
The main duties of this role include but may not be restricted to:
- Screening in-coming telephone calls, mail and email including forwarding to others and/or co-ordinating draft replies as appropriate.
- Flagging-up and tracking urgent emails/correspondence
- Receiving, checking and inputting reports into an in-house database
- Ensuring that we adequately cover other posts within the team during periods of absence
- Arranging meetings including video and tele-conferences
- Preparing first drafts of PowerPoint presentations
- Preparing papers for meetings
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Monitoring the progress of projects
- Archiving official records and correspondence
- Ensuring documents are available
- Maintaining the correspondence management system
- Maintaining desk instructions and standard operating procedures.
We would prefer someone with experience of working to deadlines and meeting targets: who has been involved in or been exposed to working with others to deliver shared objectives; and has dealt with customers and suppliers.
- Technical Knowledge
Essential minimum IT expectations: We need someone with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. We would like someone with an aptitude for working with IT systems, with previous experience of learning how to update and search an in-house database - although full training will be provider by the employer.
If this role is of interest to you then please apply. If you have any questions or queries then please contact Daniella at Brook Street Woking on 01483 700500.