One of our Public Sector clients based in Solihull is undergoing an exciting period of change and embarking upon a transformational programme.
This particular division is responsible for registering, deciding and concluding asylum protection claims.
You will be responsible for processing claims by virtue of an interview which are held both virtually and in office. You will support decision makers in all administrative aspects, from correspondence handling to implementation of decisions. You will work as part of an administrative team and will be expected to complete the full range of administrative tasks, including front facing roles. The buildings are all Covid Secure, with full PPE provided. Full training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- IT literate (excel, word, outlook)
- Be willing to be front facing (where applicable), dealing with asylum customers, guards, interpreters and other staff members.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional and customer-focused, ability to understand the needs of vulnerable customers
- Ability to work closely with others to achieve a shared goal
- Adaptable in dealing with changing priorities
You may be required to complete the following tasks:
- Meet and Greet customers as they arrive in our office for interview and liaise with other staff.
-Undertaking biometric enrolments of asylum customers, also including fingerprints and photos.
- Accurately update internal computer systems.
- Conduct operating mandate checks on cases within specified timeframes
- Monitor and update local spreadsheets accurately
- Allocate cases to Decision Makers as and when required
- Statistical reporting
- Overseeing the enquires inbox(es)
- Download and save documents from internal systems
- Creating case files
- Monitor the storage of documents in line with GDPR guidelines
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in order to progress cases
- Liaise with Technical Specialists regarding the priority of urgent cases
- Undertaking monthly 1-2-1 conversations/coaching sessions where required
- Assist in promoting and embedding Operational Excellence behaviours and practices across the unit
- Maintain a high level of data quality and conduct all tasks in line with Civil Service Regulations
- Building and maintaining a strong working rapport with team members based in alternate locations
The above list of duties is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake any of the above tasks or additional tasks not listed above, within the remit of their grade, to support the team.
This role will be full time, Monday to Friday but, may require some flexibility to work Saturday's if required. The hourly pay rate being offered is £10.88. Please note that this is a temporary ongoing role.
This role will be subject to successfully obtaining higher clearance. You must have a 10 year in date British passport and have been in the UK for the last five years.
If you feel that you have the suitable skillset for this position, please apply online.