Valuations Office Agency - Administration Officer
Location: Durham City Centre
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours) Between 7am - 7pm
This is an ongoing temporary position until the End of March 2022
The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) gives the government the valuations and property advice needed to support taxation and benefits.
Our Public Sector client is looking to fill a number of administrative posts by the end of October based in their customer service centre in Durham City Centre. This is a multifunctional role as an Administrative Officer and you will play a crucial role working within the department by providing support at an administrative level
- Providing excellent stakeholder service via email and written correspondence along with verbal communications.
- Opening and scanning external post relating to the Market Information Team and undertaking associated processing activities as required.
- Registering and indexing a range of hard copy and electronic documents in a timely manner ensuring quality levels are maintained and all records are accurately updated.
- General Admin including using our tools and databases to gather and analyse data.
The successful candidates will have the ability to interpret guidance, policy and procedures to enable them to offer the best solutions and, if necessary, direct any queries to the correct department. All issues and queries should be resolved where possible following department guidelines in a professional, tactful manner.
You will be dealing with internal and internal customers with the possibility of contacting customers by email, post and phone, registering casework, processing and interrogating data on electronic and manual databases
What we are looking for:
- Customer focused and have strong customer service skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good at communicating with different people and the ability to listen to instructions
- Computer literate and possess good keyboard skills
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willing to learn
This role is subject to public sector vetting so you will need to provide 3 full years of employment history and reference information. We will also need to process a DBS check for you
If you are interested please apply through the advert and short listed candidates will be contacted in the next 10 working days.