Up to £11.88 per hour
JH - YH!_1699376763
about 1 month ago
Have you ever wanted to work within the civil service? Are you confident in your administration and customer service skills? We are looking for a candidate to join our client the Ministry of Justice as an Administrative Officer.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 37 hours a week
- Location: York House, Leeds
- Full time in the office
- Temporary, ongoing contract
- Pay: £11.88 per hour
Training and support will be provided.
Overview of role:
You will provide administrative support. You will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- General administrative support
- Monitoring mailbox
- Inputting new cases
- Interactions with Judges, court users, defendants and police officers
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Telephone/video and face to face interactions
- Case work involving use of local IT system, Outlook and Word.
- Clerking in hearings (remotely or in person)
- Dealing with vulnerable people with special needs or disabilities
Skills required for the role:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Team working Skills
- Can work under pressure
- Use your own initiative as well as working part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Strong Admin skills
- Strong IT skills- using bespoke systems
- Strong customer service
- Good personality and can be compassionate/empathetic
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*