Up to £11.88 per hour
JH - YH!_1699423279
21 days ago
Have you ever wanted to work within the civil service? Are you confident in your administration and customer service skills? We are looking for a candidate to join our client the Ministry of Justice as an Administrative Officer.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 37 hours a week
- Location: York House, Leeds
- Full time in the office
- Temporary, ongoing contract
- Pay: £11.88 per hour
Training and support will be provided.
Overview of role:
You will provide administrative support. You will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- General administrative support
- Monitoring mailbox
- Inputting new cases
- Interactions with Judges, court users, defendants and police officers
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Telephone/video and face to face interactions
- Case work involving use of local IT system, Outlook and Word.
- Clerking in hearings (remotely or in person)
- Dealing with vulnerable people with special needs or disabilities
Skills required for the role:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Team working Skills
- Can work under pressure
- Use your own initiative as well as working part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Strong Admin skills
- Strong IT skills- using bespoke systems
- Strong customer service
- Good personality and can be compassionate/empathetic
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*