A government body based in East London require an administrator to work on a temporary basis for a minimum of 3 months. The role is full time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and the pay starts at 9.56 per hour.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining accurate information on relevant approved databases
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate
manner, e.g. telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Provide cover for an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry
- Act as single point of contact within unit for specialist area of work as
- Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of
whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or
aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with
the circumstances and office procedures.
- Make practical arrangements such as appointments, directions,etc
- Carry out enforcement administration as required.
- Where necessary, issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel costs etc,
maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
-Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities
for activities relating to the management of cases.
-Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for
replacement/ repair as agreed.
-Maintain appropriate systems to ensure the effective use of general unit
resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary
- Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required
including organising agenda, taking and , distributing notes/minutes and
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health and Safety
The successful post-holder will be subject to enhanced vetting and fully referenced for the lat 3 years
Please apply with your CV in Word format if you are interested in this position.