We have 40 customer service and admin support job opportunities with our client in the civil service Rural Payments Agency (RPA). These roles are temporary and are based in Newcastle city centre.
If you have a strong customer service and administration background, then these may be the opportunities for you!
These roles are great for students to get some income over the Summer! They will run from the end of June to September
Candidates will be required to work exclusively from the Newcastle office for the first month of the assignment.
For the remainder of your assignment, a blended approach to working will be employed. This means individuals will work at least 40% of their working time (equivalent to two working day) in the Office specified below, with the remaining time available to work from home or the office
- Client: Rural Payments Agency
- Location: Lancaster House, Newcastle, NE4 7YH (free parking)
- Hours: Full time (37 hours), Monday to Friday, 08:30-5pm
- Pay rate: £11.03ph (£21,221 annually)
- Assignment length: 3 months (possibility to be extended subject to business requirements)
- Start dates: 20/06/22 & 27/06/22
The organisation & job role:
The RPA is an executive agency of DEFRA. They are responsible for land management initiatives and other rural programmes. You will help to deliver over £2 billion in payments to farmers, traders, and landowners each year
Your role will be to work as part of a team supporting a variety of business areas ensuring that all required outcomes and outputs are achieved. You will need to follow set procedures and exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions. The role will involve speaking to customers on the phone and will also involve the provision of administrative support in other related activities.
- Customer call handling, conducting security checks, registration and recording the details on the appropriate systems.
- Dealing with internal and external customers and colleagues, in a professional manner.
- Processing claims or applications for our payment schemes which will include using computer systems and IT such as MS Teams, Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Reading and following policy and guidance and applying it to a process, or giving information to customers by phone, letter, and e-mail.
- Capturing high quality information given by customers and checking existing information.
- Carrying out tasks in a timely manner, aiming to reach agency targets with attention to detail including responding to e-mails in a timely and professional way.
- Participating in team meetings
Skills and experience we look for in you:
- Willingness to work across a range of different business areas and schemes across the Rural Payments Agency
- An enthusiastic attitude towards customer service.
- Written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor messages for the audience.
- Ability to listen actively and respond to feedback.
- Organisational skills and ability to manage your own workload.
- Familiarity with the use of basic Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Being a team player.
- Attention to detail.
Your energy, enthusiasm and commitment are as important as your background and experience.
If this sounds of interest to you then please apply or feel free to send me your cv directly!