We have an exciting temporary opportunity as Short Course Support Officer to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton.
This role is part of the Administrative Team within the Seafarer Training and Certification Branch which is responsible for providing administrative support. The jobholder is required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders regarding short course approvals and assist with the organization of events and meetings.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the short course database. This will include: adding new training providers and courses, updating details for existing approved providers/courses, issuing approval certificates, screening audit reports submitted by MCA surveyors, in addition to running management reports. Other duties will include ensuring records are up to date, file management, issuing approval numbers within 48 hours of the request being received.
- File management: organize papers held Management Team into appropriate files. Request new files, close files and return files to Registry ensuring the file database is updated accordingly.
- Maintenance/development of short course related spreadsheets.
- Assisting with the implementation and procedure for granting approval to shipping companies to issue Navigational Watch Rating Certificates and Yacht Rating Certificates on behalf of the MCA; co-ordinate migration of existing records to the short course database.
- Assist with the organisation of annual events and regular/ad-hoc meetings
Typical qualifications and experience:
- IT Skills: Microsoft Word/Excel/Access plus email - qualification or relevant experience essential
- Experience in a customer service environment, including face to face, telephone and written communication is essential. Evidence of dealing with internal and external customers at a variety of levels would be an advantage
- Experience in taking minutes would be an advantage
- The successful candidate must be organized and have experience of successfully managing their own workload and time
- A good standard of written and spoken English
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and emails
Pay rate: £10.63/hour, Monday to Friday - 37 hours