The job holder will process all visits applications and bookings in a timely and professional manner maximising the number of visits booked per session so that all prisoners are able to use their allocation of Visiting Orders.
This is a non-operational job with no line management responsibilities.
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties;
- Be the first point of contact for families/friends of prisoners and official visitors including solicitors, Police, Probation etc and responsible for informing them of all visiting procedures for the establishment
- Receive telephone calls and e-mails from visitors booking a time/date to visit, allowing the visit to be entered onto the booking system, sending out visiting orders and ensuring these are valid at the time of booking
- Produce and distribute visits lists in advance of all sessions and Safeguarding lists for visits, switchboard and visits centre
- Ensure that public protection and security information is kept up to date and relevant on the booking system
- Monitor for any alerts identified for prisoners and their visitors to ensure safety of all concerned and raise issues around underage visitors Informing security of any issues
- Undertake initial work to arrange visits for disabled visitors and special circumstance visits e.g. bereavement
- Provide information to outside agencies when requested, such as assisted prison visits scheme
- Undertake other administrative tasks including:
- Provide administration assistance in area of work
- Maintain accurate filing system for area of work
- Respond to queries relating to area of work, redirecting where required
- Operate the switchboard appropriately by Identifying the callers needs ensuring all messages are communicated to the appropriate parties
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under the Job Evaluation scheme and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder
All of the competencies in the National Offender Management Service (NOMS) Competency and Qualities Framework are relevant to this group profile. For the purpose of selection, the following competencies will be measured for:
- Leading and Communicating
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Building Capability for All
- Managing a Quality Service
Hours - 37 per week Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay - £8.21 p/h
3 months contract but it can be extended.
For any queries, please contact the Public Sector team on 01733 410810.