We have an exciting temporary requirement for an administrator to support the Account Department for a government department, based in Addlestone.
This position is to start work immediately, working on an on-going temporary basis until at least 29/03/2019.
Hours of work; Monday to Friday 6hrs pd or 4 days per week totalling 7.5hrs per day.
Working under the direction of the Management Accounts Support Accountant, you will be responsible for all aspects of sales ledger administration for external income, including Other Government Departments, EU Commission and Commercial. This predominantly involves raising manual sales invoices on a daily basis, handling all sales ledger queries received from Shared Services and internal colleagues, and raising of credit notes when necessary.
Invoicing & Accounts
- Ensure invoices are raised, using correct accounting codes and within the appropriate timeframe, by use of an Excel-based invoice wizard.
- When the invoice request is for tests, the charge needs checked against the Price List.
- Details of all invoices raised to be retained on an Invoice Log.
- Ensure credit notes are raised, using correct accounting codes and within the appropriate timeframe.
- Details of all credit notes raised to be retained on a Credit Note Analysis Log.
- Ensure that sales ledger processes are followed correctly by anyone requesting an invoice or credit note. Where applicable, challenge Project Leaders and other colleagues to ensure that invoices and credit note requests are correct and appropriate.
- At the end of each month check that all invoices and credit notes have been raised.
- Assist EO with the month-end revenue accounts for all work areas.
- Deal with all sales ledger queries in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be the financial point-of-contact for all invoicing and credit note queries within APHA.
- Be the financial point-of-contact for all invoice queries from APHA's customers, when advised by Shared Services.
- The post holder will be expected to provide administrative support to the other members of the Management Accounts Team.
- Ensure documents are filed in-line with departmental guidelines and meet audit requirements.
- Complete all the archiving forms for Finance and arrange for all documents to be archived on an annual basis
- The post holder will have excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills as they will be required to organise their own workload to ensure the delivery of objectives in a timely manner.
We are offering a hourly pay rate of £8.35ph, increasing to £9.65 after 12 working weeks. Holiday hours are also accrued on a weekly basis.
Due to the nature of this role a Basic DBS will need to be processed before you can start working, this will cost £25.00 and will need to be paid upfront via cheque or postal order. Please note that this will be reimbursed back to you after temping for four weeks.
If you are interested in this position then please do not hesitate to contact Michelle or Emily on 01483 726167 or apply online today!