I am recruiting for an Administrator based in Birmingham city centre for a new start up company providing administrative and business support to a number of domiciliary care businesses throughout the UK. They are offering a salary of circa £18,000 dependant on experience and a fantastic modern working office and environment.
You will be responsible for providing accurate and timely administration to help support with the smooth and efficient running of the business. Duties will include but not limited to preparing and modifying documents, managing an email inbox, booking meetings and taking minutes, preparing agendas, maintaining office supplies, filing and scanning and general administration ad hoc tasks.
There may also be the requirement to support with some finance based administration which could include processing payroll, invoicing, accounts payable and budget control.
***It is important to note that this is a new and exciting role within a start up business and will be ever developing, this role may vary and change over time and you will need to be adaptable and open to new tasks and duties; if you want a structured position where you know exactly what you will be doing on a day to day basis, this is not for you, if you are looking for an exciting opportunity with the potential of growth, READ ON!***
This is an exciting new start up business providing administrative and business support to businesses within the domiciliary care sector. They have recently acquired a number of domiciliary care businesses and have plans for further extension and to be managing home care for service users across the whole of England with the potential of circa 1000 staff.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR? WHAT WILL YOU BE SUPPORTING?
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Handle requests for information and data
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash
- Create and update spreadsheets
- Finance admin support that could include, accounts payable and receivable, payroll processing and tracking invoices and tax payments
- Other general ad-hoc administration tasks in an ever changing environment
- Previous experience of providing administrative support in a busy office environment
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to handle a busy, varied workload and to cope with interruptions and changes
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to complete tasks accurately and on time, prioritising where appropriate
- Ability to deal with confidential information or situations in an appropriate and sensitive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats, including telephone, email and in person with a wide range of people
- Basic IT skills including: Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Email and Web
- Punctual, reliable and experience of working well within a team
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION **
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary circa £18,000 dependant on experience
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hour working week between 9am - 5pm
- 30 days holiday including all bank holidays which increases with service on a yearly basis
- Pension scheme
- Amazing modern office with 360 views of Birmingham
- Onsite canteen
- Free 'café' style coffee machine with daily fresh fruit
- Cycle rack and showers
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***