The Temporary Worker will provide routine administrative support tasks according to well-established procedures. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to: Sorting and distributing mail Photocopying, filing, posting or proof-reading data Answering telephone calls and relaying messages Typical qualifications and experience: Two GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent NVQ Business Administration level 1 (or suitable administrative experience) Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Good communication skills, both oral and written
The Administrative Assistant will work to the Consultant Psychiatrists and Community Psychiatric Nursing Staff based within the DCMH Tidworth. The post holder will be responsible for providing a high standard of Administrative support to the Community Mental Health Department inclusive of some administrative support to the resident Social Worker and Consultant Clinical Psychologist. The post holder will be responsible for all administrative requirements for both new and current patient case loads which include liaison with other Medical Centres and outside agencies. The post holder will also be responsible for answering telephone queries, booking medical documents in/out, dealing with the post, sending and receiving faxes/email and maintaining the Case Load Database. To provide cover for the Administrative Officer.
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVES:
The E2 Administration Assistant is to deliver Department of Community Mental Health (DCMH) reception functions and administrative support to all clinicians. E2 Administration Assistant is to provide administrative support to a standard that ensures appropriate delivery of Community Mental Health services personnel. They are usually the first point of contact within the department for all patients and visitors into the DCMH and usually the first team member involved in establishing initial contact with all patients, booking appropriate appointments on an urgent and routine basis and liaising between members of the clinical and administrative staff in the DCMH.
1. Ensure that all patients and visitors to the DCMH Tidworth are received in an appropriate manner.
2. On receipt of a new patient e-referral, register the patient, create a file and request necessary documentation.
3. Liaise with patients, MO's and Medical Treatment Facilities to ensure correct patient contact details available, arranging of appointments and dealing with any queries.
4 Filing and archiving of clinical and non-clinical documents both electronic and hard copy using scanning and physical storage.
5 Chase up any outstanding documentation on patient files awaiting allocation.
6. Respond to telephone enquiries appropriately, swiftly, and where required, in with discretion.
7. Collecting post (am and pm) and dealing with contents.
9. Booking in/out of patient's medical documents on electronic caseload list.
10. Perform administrative tasks as necessary including photocopying, faxing and scanning.
11. To provide short term administrative cover for the E1 Administrative Officer in their absence.
12. Provide administrative support to Admin Officer/Clinical Team in practice development and training activities.
13. Liaise with units and outside agencies as required.
14. To conduct other duties as assigned from time to time by the E1 Admin Officer on behalf of Practice Manager.
Post Skills Profile:
Core Competencies Leading and Communicating
Building Capability for All
Managing a Quality Service
Changing and Improving
Delivering at Pace
Collaborating and Partnering
Personal Attributes The post holder will need to be enthusiastic and committed to service delivery and service improvement. Be well organised and have the abilty to work single-ha