We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate, for NHS England-Band 4 Admin Assistant, with excellent communication skills, word processing skills, the ability to work independently and who will provide support to the team with a variety of duties.
In particular the post holder will provide and coordinate administrative and secretarial services; including for example, the preparation of agendas and minutes, taking appropriate follow-up action as required. Supporting the team with the management of projects, gathering information and undertaking enquires as and when is necessary for the head of department, teams and the department.
Key Job specifics and responsibilities
Provide specialist secretarial/administration support and advice to the teams and/or Sector by:
- Taking telephone calls for the department and using initiative to deal with phone calls and messages.
- Sorting and prioritising all incoming mail and e-mail, distributing as appropriate.
- Managing the electronic diary for the department, including arranging and changing appointments, prioritising these as appropriate.
- Undertaking administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing and mail-out distributions.
- Ensuring all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Organising and planning events as necessary supporting information material.
- Supporting teams in project management and participating in department events.
- Inputting, monitoring and checking data, required for finite and ongoing projects within the teams.
- Acting as a point of contact for teams, dealing and responding effectively with complex queries from stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members sensitively and autonomously.
- Supplying the relevant information required for financial management, supporting the head of department and teams by checking and sending invoices for payment. Ordering stationery as required.
- Running and collating reports which may include reports to the Board and senior management as required.
- Preparing agendas, taking minutes and distributing notes of meetings including typing up of group discussions and interviews as necessary.
- To provide administrative support including when appropriate to all team members to support a range of department initiatives.
- Working together with other administrators/PA's to provide an effective network of communication including dealing with visitors to the base and being flexible to cover other administrators' general duties on the base.
- Providing guidance and advice on relevant policies and procedures.
Location: NHS England, Oakley Road, Southampton, SO16 4GX
Pay rate £9.28/hour, M-F 37 hours/week, temporary assignment for 3 months with extension possibility