Mon-Fri £8.77per Hour
Sat-Sun £11.44 Per Hour
As part of a team, you will work to carry out a range of documentary functions on goods before they are cleared in to and from the United Kingdom.
You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties, these could include:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers
- Gathering information directly from customers accurately
- Inputting information into systems, ensuring details are entered correctly and promptly
- Resolving issues/queries or escalating to a line manager as necessary
- The skills you'll bring and develop include:
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic numerical and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills to support our customer
- Basic IT skillsNo previous experience is required, as full training and necessary equipment will be provided. However, team working and good communication skills will be critical. The role is based at one specific location and requests for home and remote working are not applicable. [This site is in a remote location, with limited access to public transport, therefore your own means of transport will be required]This role will potentially involve standing for long periods. Any offer or taking up of posts is conditional upon achieving the required level of vetting clearance. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer of employment or terminate your contract if you fail to meet the baseline security level, as we will not have any other roles within the site to redeploy you to.
- Additional Information
- Moving vehicles around the working area can present a hazard risk, therefore your ability to adhere to safety guidelines and being able to observe signage and floor markings is important. Safety equipment is provided as necessary.
- This role involves working on a shift pattern covering 35.7 working hours per week across 24/7. Evening and weekend work is included in the role. There are a variety of shift patterns available.
- Working Environment
- You will need good interpersonal skills, a flexible approach and a positive attitude. The ability to work unsupervised and use your initiative is essential as well as being able to take direction from peers or more senior colleagues. You will also need the ability to work at pace.
- You will follow our guidance to take appropriate action where something isn't as it should be, contributing to our vital purpose: protecting EU/UK legitimate trade.
All job offers are conditional and subject to adjustments being reasonable. Applicants who receive a conditional job offer will, if we deem it necessary, be referred to our Occupational Health provider to assess your ability to carry out the role safely and effectively. The assessment will also inform us of any adjustments that may be required. This referral will be done before confirming your appointment, as these are the only HMRC roles operating from these stand-alone sites