Brook Street are proud to advertise a role at the MOD Trenchard Lines, this is a 3 Month position paying £10.35 an hour working a 37 hour week.
The Temporary Worker will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to: Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data, submitting results in a written report Overseeing administrative procedures and processes Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required Acting as a administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources Preparing routine correspondence
Typical qualifications and experience: Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent) NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience) Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office Good communication skills, both oral and written
Provide general clerical and administrative support to Desk Officers in Occupational Medicine, duties including:
1. Manage selection appeal process and training appeal process, obtaining medical documents from internal and external organisations, referring applicants to appropriate consultants for review, updating applicants of their appeal process, deal with any National Recruitment Centre and training unit queries, action appeal correspondence and keep accurate appeal databases
Ensure all clinical records are managed in accordance with Caldicott
2. Process monitor and record B203 waivers, E2 markers, selection casework
3. Process invoices where appropriate.
5. Collection, recording and distribution of all Occupational Medicine Mail.
6. General clerical support including: distributing mail and accurate maintenance of all Occupational Medicine Department databases. Electronic and manual filing and archiving, organise meetings, scanning of documents, photocopying, arrange travel, answering telephone queries.
7. Admin support for desk officers for:
a. AFB203 waiver casework
b. Selection casework
2. Management and database maintenance of:
a. trainee medical appeals and Service Complaints,
b. ministerial correspondence and FOIs.
3. liaise with ARITC military and civilian Medical Centres, Doctors, patients, hospitals and Desk Officers to deliver frontline medical administration
Good Communication skills with the clinical team and applicants, both verbally and on email.
Processing of electronic and hard medical documents.
Excel spreadsheet competent
Microsoft Office competent