This role will be a hybrid working role working from home; however, all applicants must be situated within an hour of an HMRC site location as you will be required to attend the office from time to time. These sites are- Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Newcastle, Washington and Belfast.
Working for HMRC, the UK's tax, payments, and customs authority, you will be helping to support a vital purpose: to collect the money that pays for the UK's public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support. More specifically in this role you will be supporting a project that will move more people onto HMRC's Digital Tax platform, a key enabler to transforming tax administration so that it is more effective, more efficient and easier for taxpayers to get their tax right.
You will be fully supported with in-house training to ensure you have the best knowledge to carry out your role and you will have a supportive and friendly management structure to support you on a day-to-day basis. Our teams keep in touch using Microsoft Teams - although working from home, you will feel part of the HMRC wider community and be able to keep in touch with your line manager as well as colleagues joining HMRC the same time as you.
As an AO you will be required to communicate in writing, on the telephone and face to face both internally and with the members of the public.
At AO grade the work generally comprises a series of well-defined tasks and the problems which arise are usually very similar, for example, cross checking information to ensure completeness against set criteria or rules. Solutions will involve applying detailed instructions and/or following clear procedures. In this role you will be dealing with and transferring of data from one system to another, so confidence with IT is key.
Although clear and comprehensive, these instructions and procedures may cover a complex set of rules and regulations and AOs may have scope to make minor alterations to work processes to get the work done more quickly or to a better standard.
An excellent package is offered including:
- Temporary role until end of September 2022 with chance of being extended
- £11.04 per hour pay rate (equivalent to £21,240 FTE salary)
- Start date of 18th May 2022
- Accrual of up to 34 days paid annual leave pro rata available (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Hybrid working with all equipment supplied to carry out your role from the office and at home. DAY 1- will require induction onsite and collection of equipment
- Working 37 hours per week, shifts will be Monday to Friday either 9am to 5pm or 10.15am to 6.15pm.
- Good administration skills required
- You will be trained on several software packages but being a confident IT user is essential for the role, particularly the use of MS Office packages
- You will be working from home so a comfortable, quiet workspace within your home and good broadband connection and connectivity will be required to speak to customers.
- Candidates applying must be able to pass a clear DBS check and provide proof of Right to Work in the UK
- Ability to handle both enjoyable and fast-paced conversations
- A can-do attitude and a real passion for supporting people.