Brook Street are proud to advertise this position with the MOD in Marchwood, this role is full time 37 hours a week Monday to Friday.
The Temporary Worker will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgment in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data, submitting results in a written report
Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required
Acting as a administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
Preparing routine correspondence
Typical qualifications and experience:
Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
Good communication skills, both oral and written.
Provide reception duties within the Medical Centre front office during opening hours. This may include but is not limited to:
a. Creating, maintaining and booking all Medical Centre appointments within DMICP and answering queries from the reception desk within the front office.
b. Answering phones, dealing with queries within your own area of expertise and taking accurate messages as appropriate for other staff.
c. Deal with the receipt, sorting and dispatch of any mail, parcels and medical documents in accordance with local and DPHC policy.
5. Direct visitors and patients to the relevant sub-department.
6. Advise patients on the correct routine and procedure for medicals.
7. Assist when required with general administrative duties which may include photocopying, faxing, filing (medical and general), shredding, typing, preparation of medical documents for clinics and keeping the reception and front office area tidy.
8. Promote and maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with local policy and Caldicott Guidelines.
9. To have a knowledge of the Hospital Appointments (ERS) system and MHS routines and to manage hospital appointments and liaison with NHS.