VOA, Halifax, HX1
Pay rate £10.85 per hour, temporary on going, 37 hours per week, Mon-Fri. All candidates will be working from the office and start date would be 1st Feb
Do you have a passion for public and customer services and want to make a difference? If so we would like to hear from you.
VOA values property for tax purposes. These taxes fund vital public services like schools, hospitals and welfare so you would be making a real difference to peoples' lives.
We are an executive agency of HMRC with around 3,500 people and currently need people to carry out a range of data processing and administrative tasks to support the operational functions of the Valuation Office Agency.
This is a multifunctional role and as an Administrative Officer you will play a crucial role working within the Telephony Team, providing an efficient call resolution to scripted calls and after call work. You will be dealing with internal and external customers by email, post and phone, register casework, process data and interrogate electronic and manual databases. You will also support your Line Manager in the day to day supervision of Administrative Assistants including training and quality assurance of their work.
Your job will involve a range of duties and we are looking for people who are flexible and adaptable.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:-:
- Provide excellent customer service via telephone, email and written correspondence.
- Dealing with the customers on a daily basis and focusing on ensuring that they are content and understand our processes.
- Provide clear information and advice to customer whilst ensuring that they provide all necessary information
- Provide assistance, including explaining procedures or policies, giving reasons for enquiries and justifying decisions.
- Allocating work to others in your team including quality assurance.
- General Admin including using our tools and databases to gather and analyse data.
The successful candidates will have the ability to interpret guidance, policy and procedures to enable them to offer the best solutions and, if necessary, direct any queries to the correct department. All issues and queries should be resolved where possible following department guidelines in a professional, tactful manner, when answering calls.
* Customer focused and have strong customer service skills.
- Flexible and dedicated.
- Good at communicating with different people and listening.
- Have good keyboard skills.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willing to learn.