Bury St Edmunds
Up to £11.88 per hour
Peterborough Public Sector
about 1 month ago
Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. HMCTS provides administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone.
Our justice system defends our fundamental rights and freedoms. It is a cornerstone of our modern society and it must serve all those who call on it, when they call on it. From some of the most vulnerable people in our society, to families in crisis, claimants and commercial businesses - HMCTS has a responsibility to administer a justice system that is accessible to everyone and operates efficiently
Our Public Sector client are currently seeking an Administrative/Telephony Officer to join their team on a full-time, temporary basis based at HMCTS Bury St Edmunds.
The role is Monday to Friday with a working week of 37 hours per week. This role works on a Hybrid basis (3 days Office Based 2 days working from home). The rate of pay is £11.88 an hour with holiday entitlement and pension scheme available. The client is based next to the bus station and is therefore easily accessible by public transport and based close to local amenities for those days that you do attend the office.
For this role, the successful candidate would need to be fully confident with speaking on the Telephone as this is a primary part of the position, as telephony work is a task that will be carried out on a heavily regular daily basis, however day to day duties will also include -
- Deal with calls for some county courts across the country and are family related
- Answering calls to people regarding hearing dates
- Preparing papers and files for court, tribunals, hearings, and meetings.
- Producing court/tribunal documents.
- General photocopying and filing.
- Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
- Post opening and dispatch.
- Booking, preparing and organising meeting rooms, supporting training courses and other group activities.
- Preparing meeting agenda, joining instructions, handouts etc
- Collecting and assembling information
- Checking and verifying documents and records
- Processing casework
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work as a part of a team, along with working independently in a fast-paced environment. They must also hold the below skill set -
- Be able to multitask at an exceptional level
- Be open and willing to learn and undertake other duties if requested by Management that fall in line with the grade and level of responsibility of this post
- Great attention to detail
To apply, submit your application online. Successful candidates will need to provide necessary documentation, including a valid passport, proof of addresses, proof of NI, and undergo a DBS check and three years referencing.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.