One of my Public Sector clients based in Solihull is looking for candidates to work within one of their asylum divisions in Solihull on a temporary ongoing basis. To be considered for this role, you must be comfortable with travelling to the offices based in Solihull.
The casework support side of the unit consists of Workflow and Administration. The role of the workflow and administration teams is crucial to underpinning the unit`s performance and meeting key performance indicators.
The function of the workflow team starts from the point of cases routed to the unit and ensures the smooth flow of work for the command which sets up the unit for meeting service level agreements.
The administration team supports decision makers in all administrative aspects in the life cycle of a case, from correspondence handling to implementation of decisions. The team are also central to provision of an excellent customer service to both asylum and family reunion applicants and other stakeholders alike as a point of contact for general enquiries regarding their cases and accompanying documentation.
The role will require you to undertake the following tasks:
- Requesting, tracking and scanning sponsor case files
- Monitoring and supporting with enquires inbox
- Monitoring and updating local spreadsheets precisely
- Being proactive in chasing additional information required for a case
- Conducting required operating mandate checks on cases within specified time frames
- Ensuring the phone line is covered in specified time frames
- Monitoring the storage of documents in line with GDPR guidelines
- Maintaining a high level of data quality and conduct all tasks in line with Civil Service Regulations
- Must be able to pass a security check at SC level
- IT literate (excel, outlook)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional and customer-focused, ability to understand the needs of vulnerable customers
- Ability to work closely with others to achieve a shared goal
- Adaptable in dealing with changing priorities
The role will be offering a pay rate of £8.87 per hour going up to 310.88 after 12 weeks. You will be required to commit to being able to work Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm and may require a bit of flexibility.
If you feel that you would be a good fit for this role, please apply online.
We are expecting a high number of applicants and apologise in advance if we are unable to respond to every applicant.