Do you like helping people resolve issues? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you enjoy communicating with a wide range of people? If you answered 'Yes,' we would love to hear from you.
We are recruiting for an exciting position for Asylum & Protection, part of the Home Office who are currently undergoing an exciting period of transformational change. This is a great opportunity to work within the Public Sector and provide an essential service to the Home Office and essential partners such as Immigration Enforcement, Border Force, Police, Local Authorities, Migrant Help and Refugee Council.
The work that you undertake is life-changing and in order to achieve your best you will be supported, coached and mentored by an experienced team and given full training enabling you to make considered, timely and fair decisions made in line with Home Office policy, guidance and with reference to relevant country information and case law.
Please Note: The role adopts a 40% hybrid working model with the expectation that workers do 2 - 3 days in the office. Hours are 08:00 - 16:00, Monday - Friday. The initial contract is 6 months, with a view to extend.
The offer is subject to passing government CTC clearance and 3 years reference checks.
What will be your primary responsibilities?
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
- Provide administrative support by undertaking a range of administrative tasks such as file movement and tracking, logging correspondence, monitoring electronic inboxes, issuing letters and dealing with customer enquiries.
- Scanning and digitising of customer supporting evidence and updating relevant databases/files.
- Making and demonstrating well-judged decisions.
- Prepare and make case files decision ready for casework, or for appeals or removal processes.
- Telephone Call handling/Booking appointments.
- Escort customers, conducting face to face identity interviews and facilitate language analysis interviews.
- Work closely with colleagues and contribute to maintaining a comprehensive database of freelance
- Additional duties within the scope of the grade may vary dependant on business needs and the specific team where placed.
To apply for this post, you will have:
- Be able to use basic Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Adapt to changing priorities and ability to work at pace
- Ability to work independently and closely with others to achieve shared goal/targets
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional and customer-focused, ability to understand the needs of vulnerable customers
- Able to work in a hybrid manner, attending the office at least 40% of their working week
In return for your demanding work and commitment, working for this organisation can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- The opportunity to join and work in the public sector
- Competitive pay rates - £11.23 per hour
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations for roles across all industry sectors. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
By applying today, you can kickstart our fantastic onboarding process, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience with this incredible government organisation.