£10.65 per hour
37 hours per week
Monday to Friday - 7:45am to 20:00pm
Saturday - 8:45am to 17:00pm
Do you have a passion for public service? Would you like to make a difference to someone's life? If so, we would like to hear from you. DWP delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year. DWP is responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. We help people lift themselves out of poverty and to stay out of poverty, through work, saving and support. This is a hugely important public service and our challenge is bigger than ever.
You will be perfect for this role if you are;
- A good listener
- Customer focused
If you have these skills or are willing to learn, then this could be the ideal job for you.
About the Job:
- Your role could involve a range of duties and we are seeking people who are adaptable and flexible. Your initial job will include:
- Providing excellent customer service in a telephony environment to a diverse range of working age customers and employers.
- Making decisions regarding benefit entitlement by examining the available facts.
- Assessing claims and dealing with enquiries via electronic means
- Supporting the Department's aim that digital will become the primary contact channel for all claimant services.
- Being part of a team responsible for creating and working in a service delivery environment to support the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance
The main knowledge and skills required:
- Willingness to communicate and advise a wide range of diverse customers in difficult/sensitive circumstances.
- Willingness to learn how to deliver a DWP service using digital methods.
- Willingness to make reducing our costs and providing value for money to the taxpayer a priority.
- Be prepared to engage effectively with our partners
- Have a desire to showcase public service at its best
- The full-time working week for DWP is 37 hours. You may be required to work at any time between the hours of 7.45am and 8pm on any day between Monday to Friday and 8.45am to 5pm on Saturday. You will be given advance notice of your personal schedule.
- DWP is a family friendly employer and part time- and job-sharing working patterns within these hours may be available but must meet business needs which must include Monday and Friday as working days.
- Full learning and development for the role will be provided including Diversity & Equality
- Please note that we will require you to provide identity documents and prove your right to work in the UK prior to starting in the role.
- Appointments will initially be on a conditional basis until all security checks are passed at the required standard.
For more information apply today!