Up to £12.84 per hour
about 1 month ago
Position: Admin Officer - Tactical Surge Team
Contract: Temporary, 6 months with a possibility of extension
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, shifts covering between 7:00 am and 6:30 pm
Pay rate: £12.84 per hour
Hybrid/WFH working: The roles available will vary between hybrid working and working from home. Please be aware as part of the role that you must be willing to attend your local office on a hybrid basis if needed, which is normally 40% of your time at your designated office and 60% from home. You must also be willing to work from home if required.
Office-based training may be required until fully independent. You must live close to one of the above locations to travel to the office. This is a non-deployment role.
Start date: As soon as security clearance has been passed
Would you like to be part of the national Tactical Surge Team supporting your colleagues across the business? Tactical Surge Units provide support to teams during surge or crisis periods. You will be supporting the team daily in a range of administrative tasks.
Key Skills and experience
- Demonstrating sensitivity, emotional resilience and understanding of the needs of vulnerable adults and children throughout your duties.
- Provide support by undertaking a range of administrative tasks which may include but is not limited to; data cleansing and processing, issuing letters, dealing with customer enquiries and triaging of group in-boxes.
- Working positively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accurately maintaining computer system records relevant to specific work-streams.
- Providing effective and timely customer care to internal and external customers in line with current guidance and best practice.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of policy, procedure, and security guidelines to complete all work in accordance with Home Office Policy, Procedure and Best Practice guidelines.
- Champion inclusivity, embrace individual differences and challenge discriminatory behaviours.
- Working flexibly and providing unconditional support to other operational colleagues / areas as required.
- Being responsible for your own attendance, performance, and personal development.
- Ability to highlight and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve shared goals.
- Produce high quality work which delivers a quality service for customers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A good working knowledge of Office 365 (Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Adapt to changing priorities and ability to work at pace.
- Ability to work independently and closely with others to achieve shared goal/targets.
- Ability to build customer relations.
- Professional and customer-focused, ability to understand the needs of the customers.
- Experience of working in an immigration context with Home Office Systems.
- Holiday restrictions during training period: No holidays during the first 6 weeks of training.
- Induction will be during the first week from home.
In order to apply for the role you must have a valid Passport, 2 proofs of address, proof of NI, and must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.