Up to £14.91 per hour
22 days ago
Role: Administrative Officer
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 9am - 5:30pm
Pay Rate: £14.91 per hour
Location: Site based - Lunar House, Croydon
Duration of contract: 6 months
Start date: As soon as the clearance has been passed
Brook Street is currently recruiting Temporary Admin Officers for our reputable client, the Home Office. Based at Lunar House, Croydon, you will provide essential administrative support to the department, dealing with customer queries and undertaking a range of case-working duties.
- Preparation of visa applications e.g. ensuring that physical applications are linked to the correct database with the unique reference number
- Responding to customer requests for updates on applications or requests for the return of documents
- A range of case-working duties to consider applications
- Ensuring accurate and timely decisions
- Sorting through incoming documentation and delivering decisions on behalf of the Home Office
- Dealing with correspondence via telephone, email and letter
Essential skills and experience:
- Flexibility working in a fast-paced environment
- A professional and confidential approach is required at all times
- Articulate and have a good telephone manner
- PC Literate, fully competent with Outlook and Microsoft packages
- Competent to work in an administrative capacity
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work to targets
** You will be required to undertake security clearance for these roles, and it is imperative that you hold a valid passport and be able to provide two proofs of current address and a proof of national insurance. **
Start dates will be confirmed once we have had clearance back.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.