Up to £14.91 per hour
3 months ago
Position: Administrative Officer
Location: Apollo House, Croydon
Salary: £ 14.91 per hour
Contract: Temporary 6-month with the possibility of extension
Working Days/Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm, 37 hours per week. Once training is complete and able to work independently, core hours may be possible between 7:30 am and 3:45 pm as agreed with the line manager.
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office have a fantastic opportunity to join the Reunion and Returns department at Apollo House in Croydon.
The role of administrative support staff is to underpin the decision-making role to ensure that family reunion cases are able to progress through the relevant processes. You will work as part of an administrative team and will be expected to complete the full range of administrative tasks.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Triage Family Reunion cases prior to case allocation to a Decision Maker.
- Accurately update internal computer systems including Proviso, CID and ATLAS.
- Link individual applications to sponsors and to other family members.
- Conduct security checks as requested on cases within specified time-frames and record those results accurately.
- Respond to queries received into the RASI family reunion in-box and record actions taken.
- Download and save documents from internal systems.
- Request and create case files.
- Requesting, tracking and scanning sponsor case files to support Family Reunion claims.
- Work with decision makers to ensure that requests for further information are issued and followed up.
- Serve decisions on Proviso on instruction from decision makers.
- Answer calls received on the hot-line.
- Contributing to process improvements.
- Building and maintaining a strong working rapport with the decision making part of the team.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake any of the above tasks or additional tasks not listed above, within the remit of their grade, to support the business needs of the wider team.
- Team work and working independently
- Strong communication and writing skills
- IT & computer skills - navigating spreadsheets
- Ability to follow guidance
- A positive approach
- Flexibility, adapting to the needs of the team sometimes, at very short notice
- Previous Home Office experience
- No holidays during the training period. (May accommodate if it is pre-booked leave.)
- Face-to-face induction programme for the first 2 weeks accompanied by the L&D Team
- Training will be on-site in Croydon
- Coffee shop on site
- Deli inside Apollo House
- Vending machines
** You will be required to undertake security clearance for these roles, and it is imperative that you hold a valid passport and be able to provide two proofs of current address and a proof of national insurance document. **
Start dates will be confirmed once we have had clearance back.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.