Up to £14.91 per hour
3 months ago
6 - 9 months
Position: Administrative Officer
Location: Royal Victoria Docks, London,
Salary: £ 14.91 per hour
Contract: Temporary, 6 to potentially 9 months
Working Days/Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday, core hours 8 am to 5 pm, with a flexible working pattern based on a rota
Hybrid working: For the first 5 to 6 months the role is completely office-based. A day per week work-from-home may be possible when hybrid working commences.
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office have a fantastic opportunity to join their existing team of Administrative Officers in London at the Royal Victoria Docks as an Estates & Health and Safety Officer. You will be dealing with site security and be providing administrative support and customer service support within the team.
- Dealing with site security
- Providing security guards with information
- Able and willing to do manual handling - not required to lift and shift objects, but be able to move chairs and desks
- Raise facility issues to Executive Officers
- Raising work orders by contacting FM help-desk if something is broken/faulty etc.
- Picking up email in-boxes
- Completing spreadsheets for logs
- Organising ID passes for visitors
- Supporting Executive Officers with health and safety checklist
- Key management - Open/lock up certain secure areas/cupboards
- Customer service
- Excellent organisation
- Team work and working independently
- Strong IT skills
- Thinking on your feet
- A positive approach
- Flexibility, adapting to the needs of the team
- Strong communication and writing skills
- No holidays during training (will consider pre-booked leave)
- Complete online courses and then shadowing Higher Executive Officer
Closest tube station: Customer House on Elizabeth Line
** You will be required to undertake security clearance for these roles, and it is imperative that you hold a valid passport and be able to provide two proofs of current address and a proof of national insurance document. **
Start dates will be confirmed once we have had clearance back.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.