Up to £12.84 per hour
3 months ago
Position: Administrative Officer
Salary: £ 12.84 per hour
Contract: Temporary, 6 with the possibility of extension
Working Days: Full Time, Monday to Saturday, working only 5 days on a rota. AHW: required to work 17 Saturdays per year.
Hours: 7:45 to 15:45/9:00 to 17:00 and Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 10:00 to 18:00 - must be flexible to adjust to shift patterns or shift end times that may change at short notice (24 hours or less).
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office has a fantastic opportunity to join their Belfast office as an Administrative Officer, supporting a front facing operation for several work-streams, asylum registration and application administration.
- Complete admin tasks essential to the customer application
- Interviewing customers
- Enrolling customer bio-metrics
- Dealing with sensitive information and safeguarding
- Triaging activity
- Updating IT systems
- Digitising documents
- Moving/tracking passports
- Customer service
- Excellent organisation
- Office experience
- Team work and working independently
- Proficient in IT - Excel and Outlook
- Excellent time management
- A positive approach
- Flexibility, adapting to the needs of the team
- Strong communication and writing skills
- No block holidays during the 4-week training period - all pre-booked leave needs to be declared upfront to be authorised by the client
- Complete virtual training and in-person training: end-to-end process training, atlas and taking bio-metrics 1-1.
- Belfast city centre/ public transport
- Kitchen & breakout rooms
** You will be required to undertake security clearance for these roles, and it is imperative that you hold a valid passport and be able to provide two proofs of current address and a proof of national insurance document. **
Start dates will be confirmed once we have had clearance back.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.