Up to £12.84 per hour
about 1 month ago
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office has a fantastic opportunity to join the Visits & Families work area as an Administrative Officer!
Contract: Temporary, 6-months with the possibility of extension depending on performance and demand
Working Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday: 9:00 to 17:00, 37 hours per week, on-site
Why choose us?
- Develop Your Career: Explore the exciting avenues within the Civil Service and elevate your professional journey.
- Exciting Work Environment: Brace yourself for a challenging yet immensely rewarding workplace where every day brings new opportunities.
- Build Resilience and Networks: We are here to support you in building experience, resilience, and invaluable networks to propel your career forward.
You need a valid passport, 2 x proofs of address, proof of NI, and must have lived in the UK for the last 5 years to apply.
As an Administrative Officer your key duties will be allocated to one of the following roles:
- Admin Officer Uploaders - you will be fully trained on all systems and processes but will be responsible for supporting the business area to decide Visit Visa applications to our Systems.
- Admin Officer Enrichment - you will be assessing information provided by customers to check fraudulent documents, etc. to help us build HARM profiles.
- Admin Officer Decision Makers - you will assess and check security, documents, etc. for each application to issue a visa or refer to complex section of office.
Essential skills & criteria:
- Time management
- Analysing information
- Team working
- Effective decision-making
- Strong IT skills, including being proficient in the use of MS Office packages including Word, Excel, and email
- Flexible and adaptable as there may be a requirement to work across all work areas, depending on business needs
- Having responsibility for effective personal and team delivery
- Having worked in an office environment before
No holidays within the first 4 weeks. Virtual and/or face-to-face training will be delivered, and on-line/peer/manager guidance will be provided.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.