Up to £12.84 per hour
27 days ago
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office has a fantastic opportunity to join the Work, Study Family Ukraine, and Visits work areas as an Administrative Officer!
Contract: Temporary, 6-months with the possibility of extension based on performance and demand
Working Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday: 9:00 to 17:00, 37 hours per week, on-site
Why choose us?
- Develop Your Career: Explore the exciting avenues within the Civil Service and elevate your professional journey.
- Exciting Work Environment: Brace yourself for a challenging yet immensely rewarding workplace where every day brings new opportunities.
- Build Resilience and Networks: We are here to support you in building experience, resilience, and invaluable networks to propel your career forward.
You need a valid passport, 2 x proofs of address, proof of NI, and must have lived in the UK for the last 5 years to apply.
As an Administrative Officer you will be allocated to casework. The case working will require you to work as either Entry Clearance or Further Leave to Remain Decision Maker. These will be online applications where you will have to assess documentation supporting applications, for example from individuals wanting to remain in the United Kingdom to work or to study.
- Use complex guidance and policy to consider and make well-judged decisions on customer applications, considering a range of options, to daily targets with performance being monitored against quantity produced as well as the quality and accuracy of decision
- Articulate complex decisions in a concise, clear manner verbally and in writing
- Support colleagues to deliver performance of a high standard
- Deliver against timeliness and quality targets, providing excellent customer service
Essential skills & criteria:
- Time management
- Team working
- Strong IT skills, including being proficient in the use of MS Office packages including Word, Excel, and email
- Flexible and adaptable as there may be a requirement to work across all work areas, depending on business needs
- Having responsibility for effective personal and team delivery
- Having worked in an office environment before
No holidays within the first 4 weeks. Virtual and/or face-to-face training will be delivered, and on-line/peer/manager guidance will be provided.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.