Up to £12.84 per hour
21 days ago
We are hiring Administration Officers !
Location: Leeds, LS24 2QB
Hybrid working: 3 days office based, 2 days remote working, once confident in independent working
Hourly rate: £12.84
Contract: Temporary, 6 month with possibility of extension, Monday - Friday, 9:00 to 17:00, full time, 37 hours per week
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office has a fantastic opportunity to join their team of Administration Officers in Leeds Home Office in the Family Human Rights Unit.
You will provide appropriate support, Working within the case working teams, managing basic administration tasks, answering emails, requesting information and liaising with other departments and stakeholders
- Progressing and monitoring cases that are allocated to the unit in a timely manner and in accordance with current policy and guidelines.
- Liaising with partners which might include Immigration Removal Centres, Social Services, legal representatives, health care professionals and others.
- Managing information on spreadsheets and when needed be able to interpret and extract information from a database.
- Monitoring and managing incoming correspondence and responding to internal and external partners/clients both by email and formal letter. Some drafting might be required.
- Telephone call handling; complying with all GDPR requirements and safeguarding personal data.
- Ensuring data accuracy is maintained on internal management systems.
- Proving administrative support by undertaking administrative tasks, such as: file movement, logging correspondence and dealing with customer enquiries.
- Engage in ongoing learning and development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable, organised and good attention to detail
- Proactive, motivated, and self-led
- Flexible approach and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective IT skills and have the capacity to learn to use new IT systems
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of working in business support/customer liaison/support
- Casework background is preferred
No holidays during the 4 week training period. Two weeks bespoke training and thereafter 2 weeks of mentoring and supporting.
You must hold a valid passport and must have lived in the UK for longer than 5 years. You can apply for the role with your CV. This role requires security clearance that will be processed for you, if successful.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.