Up to £14.91 per hour
20 days ago
We are hiring Admin Officers !
Location: Central London, EC1N 8TE
Salary: £14.91 per hour
Contract: Temporary, 6-months
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Friday, flexible times, 9 am to 5 pm at the start
Why choose us?
- Developing a career in the Civil Service
- Exciting, challenging and rewarding place to work
- Hybrid working, 3 days in office once independent working confirmed
Brook Street in partnership with Home Office has a fantastic opportunity to join the Pre-Appeal Review Unit (PARU) as an Administrative Officer. PARU is responsible for reviewing refusal decisions for both entry clearance lodged overseas and in country applications where an appeal has been lodged. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the EO and HEO reviewers under the direction of the PARU workflow team.
- Oversight and management of PARU mailboxes in a professional and timely manner
- Dealing with (and resolving) enquiries from operational teams, legal representatives, and applicants via email
- Processing and responding to correspondence, from various stake holders including but not limited to appeal notifications, tribunal directions and urgent requests
- Using a range of in-house IT systems (including ATLAS, CID, CCD, CRS and RMS) to locate files, search and update and maintain records, ensuring computer data is entered correctly and that electronic logs and spreadsheets are updated promptly and accurately
- Accurate creation/maintenance of client records on a range of data platforms
- Other administrative duties as required within the unit
Person specification - essential skills and criteria:
Who are we looking for? The right candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Experience of or be able to demonstrate they can positively interact with staff and stakeholders
- Good attention to detail and a strong understanding of overall UKVI processes and procedures
- Confident IT skills - basic Excel
- Ability to work at pace
- Able to prioritise so that service standards are not breached
- Working knowledge of the various Home Office IT platforms
- Excel formulas
No holiday restrictions in the training period. Training: 2 to 4 weeks max and job shadowing.
You will need a valid passport, 2 x proofs of address, proof of NI, and must have been living in the UK for the last 5 years.
Brook Street is proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest?and state the role that you are interested in.?We are?committed to engaging with you.?
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.