We have an Administrative Officer role to work for our client within the Public Sector. This will be a long term temporary position lasting around 6 months and may get extended subject to the business requirements
Location: Kirkstall, Leeds LS4
Hours: Monday- Friday, 09:00 - 17:00
Pay: £9.06 rising to £11.10 after 12 weeks
Please be aware, for this client you must have a current valid passport and must be able to pass a CTC clearance check
The administration team supports decision makers in all administrative aspects in the life cycle of a case, from correspondence handling to implementation of decisions. The team are also central to provision of an excellent customer service in asylum. We provide a face to face meet & greet procedure and take the biometrics of our customers when they attend the office. We are a contact point for customers and Legal Representatives of those who live in our area.
The function of administrative support staff is to underpin the decision-making role to ensure that those claiming asylum can progress through the relevant stages. You will work as part of an administrative team and will be expected to complete the full range of administrative tasks, including front facing roles. The building is Covid Secure, with full PPE provided. Full training will be provided.
For this post you will be working on one of the four admin teams in Leeds. You may be required to complete the following tasks:
- Meet and Greet customers as they arrive in our office for interview and liaise with other staff.
-Undertaking bio metric enrolments of asylum customers, also including finger prints and photos.
- Accurately update internal computer systems.
- Conduct operating mandate checks on cases within specified timeframes
- Monitor and update local spreadsheets accurately
- Allocate cases to Decision Makers as and when is required
- Statistical reporting
- Overseeing the enquires inbox
- Download and save documents from internal systems
- Creating case files
- Monitor the storage of documents in line with GDPR guidelines
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in order to progress cases
- Liaise with Technical Specialists regarding the priority of urgent cases
- Undertaking monthly 1-2-1 conversations/coaching sessions where required
- Assist in promoting and embedding Operational Excellence behaviours and practices across the unit
- Maintain a high level of data quality and conduct all tasks in line with Civil Service Regulations
- Building and maintaining a strong working rapport with team members based in alternate locations
The above list of duties is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake any of the above tasks or additional tasks not listed above, within the remit of their grade, to support the team.
- IT literate (excel, word, outlook)
- Be willing to be front facing, dealing with asylum customers, guards, interpreters and other staff members.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional and customer-focused, ability to understand the needs of vulnerable customers
- Ability to work closely with others to achieve a shared goal
- Adaptable in dealing with changing priorities
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please apply