We currently have positions available working with Rural Payments Agency as a Claim Officer. These are long term temporary assignments.
Location: Geldard Lane, LS12
Pay: £10.37 per hour
Hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
About the Employer:
RPA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, supported by 1 public body.
As the paying agency for the EU's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) schemes in England, we make payments to farmers, traders and land owners. RPA also make payments on behalf of Natural England, and manage over 40 schemes to help ensure we have a healthy rural economy and strong rural communities.
They pay out over £2 billion each year to support a thriving farming and food sector.
Purpose of the role:
To keep the administrative elements of agri environment schemes running smoothly and in accordance with rules and guidance.
- Responding to request for application packs and forms, mainly through telephone contact
- Processing application and other queries within specified deadlines, recording and inputting details on the computer system
- Processing claims for ES and other schemes within deadlines and in accordance with guidance and instructions
- Undertaking complex technical analysis of cases to ensure environmental outcomes are maintained and enhanced, this will normally be done in conjunction with other teams
- Answering all enquiries within customer service standard targets
- Enhancing Natural England's reputation for excellence in customer service by meeting all published targets
Skills required for the role:
- Customer service experience
- Admin experience
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages
- Ability to work in a team and independently
We are working quickly to fill this role, if you are interested please apply now!