We are seeking an experienced administrative assistant to provide support to a member of staff with severe dyslexia. He or she will work with the member of staff to assist him with day to day activities, including:
- attending meetings and taking notes of key points and actions
- debriefing after meetings to ensure correct understanding
- maintaining a regular dialogue with him to ensure he is producing what is required within the required time frame
- reviewing written documents (e.g. emails, policy papers, submissions) before they are sent or submitted to ensure correct use of English and logical structure
He or she will follow set procedures and whilst they will be expected to exercise some independent judgement in carrying out the role, it is important that he or she works closely with our member of staff to best meet their requirements. He or she is not expected to contribute directly to the formation or delivery of government policy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of working in a central Government department in a policy team
- Experience of working with someone with dyslexia is desirable but not essential.
The pay rate will be £11.01 and will increase to £13.77 after 12 weeks. The length of the role will be 6 months with potential extension. Working hours per week likely to vary depending on nature of workload that week. However, we anticipate no more than 12 hours a week. The role will be home working, travelling into London occasionally for important meetings.
If interested please apply.