We have an exciting temporary opportunity as Administrative Support Officer to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton.
This is an administrative role that provides support to the Seafarer Training and Certification Branch. A high level of customer service is to be delivered and emails and queries are to be dealt with within the set time frames.
To provide administrative support to the team where required. Manage examination team emails, post, branch travel arrangements and other ad-hoc duties when requested.
- To provide administrative support to the team where required. Manage examination team emails, post, branch travel arrangements and other ad-hoc duties when requested
- Maintain the exam team's mailbox by responding with guidance to routine queries within an agreed time scale and refer technical or complex queries to the appropriate staff
- Arrange cost effective travel for the branch by liaising with appropriate branch members over their diaries. Take into account time commitments and meetings and plan travel accordingly
- File management: organise papers held by Management Team into appropriate files
- When required, assist with maintaining and updating the short course database. This will include: adding new training providers and courses, updating details for existing approved providers/courses, issuing approval certificates, screening audit reports submitted by MCA surveyors, in addition to running management reports
- When required, book meeting rooms and assist with the organising of meetings as required by the branch management team
- Order stationery and IT consumables for Branch and monitor stock levels as appropriate
- Record type rating and yacht rating certificates issued onto record and file accordingly
- Action on a variety of branch projects and other administrative duties as required for the smooth running of the branch
Typical qualifications and experience:
- IT Skills: Microsoft Word/Excel/Access plus email - qualification or relevant experience essential
- Experience in a customer service environment, including face to face, telephone and written communication is essential
- Evidence of dealing with internal and external customers at a variety of levels would be an advantage
- Experience in taking minutes would be an advantage
Pay rate: £10.63/hour, Monday to Friday - 37 hours