Brook Street are recruiting for an administrator to provide comprehensive administration support to our client on a temporary basis
Our client is part of the Ministry Of Justice and offers a great working environment based in the heart of the city centre.
The roles are temporary and the assignments are expected to run until the end of April 2019 with the possibility of being extended further. Working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
As an Admin Officer you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the office duties on a daily basis, you will need to gain an understanding of the clients current guidance and regulations and based on these you will be responsible for
* Making decisions to approve reject or refer applications and amendments based on merits and/or means
* Making decisions to approve reject or refer claims for costs
* Dealing with enquires: ensuring records are up to date and ensuring they receive appropriate documentation
* Liaising with suppliers as appropriate
* Providing accurate and timely responses to correspondence and telephone calls received from internal and external customers
* Working to stringent productivity and quality targets in a variety of work types
* Ensuring all data is processed accurately, securely and in accordance with MoJ information assurance guidelines
* Contributing to the smooth running of the administration and telephone duties undertaken within the team.
* Recognising inconsistencies
There will be an expectation of cases completed and quality, you will need good attention to detail for checking information, processing this and to ensure quality is maintained
Ideal candidates will possess the desire to succeed in their given role and thrive in a busy environment working as part of a team and hitting targets.
Our client requires the following skills/attributes
* Analytical and numerical skills to recognise inconsistencies
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to interpret and apply guidance and regulations
* Excellent IT Skills, experience of using word, excel and other windows based applications
* Good customer service skills
* Ability to input data efficiently and accurately
* Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
The pay rate is £7.98 per hour for the first 12 weeks worked rising to £9.45 per hour thereafter. Benefits include holiday pay, pension scheme and city centre location
Please apply online with your current CV in word format or contact the Public Sector Team on 0115 947 6326