The Natural England Agency are seeking temporary staff to provide administrative support to the team, in managing one of their schemes called Water Environment Grant (WEG).
The role is to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the hiring manager and to ensure a high level of customer service is given to both internal and external stakeholders attending the site.
He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data, submitting results in a written report
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Acting as a administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
- While processing isn`t expected to be part of this role, the person will be expected to pull together and check all documentation in readiness of claim processing, ensuring audit requirements are met.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Finance Background / Basic maths skills - basic calculations required as part of the job
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office / Very good level of competence around Excel (there will be spreadsheet work - both inputting and interpretation)
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent attention to details
The role is ongoing long term, for at least 12 months and paid weekly.
Location:Eastleigh office - Natural England, 4th Floor, Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh SO50 9YN
Interested?? Then apply now!