Would you like to work in a role that is challenging yet rewarding? Do you own your own car and hold a full current driving licence?
Brook Street are looking for a discharge administrator who has current standard or enhanced DBS. This is temporary role for 3 months starting ASAP. Immediate Start.
Hours: 40hrs per week - Monday-Friday
We are looking for a highly driven and motivated Hospital Discharge Administrator / Adviser to join a hospital discharge scheme. Working closely with Hospital discharge teams you will have a varied role, from sourcing for and assisting in the timely discharge of clients for short term placements to supporting complex patient discharge in to 24hr care or sourcing a package of care at home. You will be liaising with care home managers, care agencies, senior health and social care staff, patients and their families. Work flow will vary and at times, you will be under pressure, being required to provide a high-quality service while also ensuring discharge takes place within set timescales. As part of your role you will be required to visit Care Homes and may be required to work from multiple locations across the scheme, owning your own car is essential.
We are looking for a person who has excellent interpersonal, IT, administrative and organisational skills gained through previously having worked in a customer services, hospitality, coordination, senior banking or senior administrative environment. The role will involve meeting and working with families, often at a great time of stress, and you will need to work with them in a sensitive and effective way. You will have the adaptability to convey information clearly whilst working in a highly demanding environment. Attention to detail and the ability to think proactively on your feet is essential to this role.
· Excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel
· The ability to communicate and convey sensitive information in an empathetic manner
· The ability to time manage your day and prioritise duties in an ever changing environment
· A proven history of achieving KPI's and working to strict deadlines
· The ability to demonstrate strong administration skills. A large part of the role will entail updating and maintaining client records on our bespoke in-house database
· Experience of negotiating on expenditures and ensuring best cost gained
· Experience of handling conflict resolution
· Strong knowledge and proven history of working in an environment that requires constant multitasking skills
· Knowledge of the NHS and/or Private Healthcare with an understanding to the pressures and importance of timely discharges is not essential but would prove to be an advantage
· Excellent communication skills to enable relationships to be built with people across many departments, internal and external and at all levels of management tiers
If you wish to 'express an interest' in being considered for this position, please apply ASAP.