Location: Work from home (to start)
Contract: until 31st March 2021 (temporary)
Start date: 5th or 7th January 2021
Pay: £10.92 per hour
Hours: 37 per week. Flexible between 8.00am-6.00pm, Mon-Fri.
Our client the DWP delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year. The DWP is responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. As an essential public service, they help people lift themselves out of poverty and to stay out of poverty, through work, saving and support.
As an Admin Officer on the Technical Support Team you will be responsible for administering IT requests from DWP employees. You will create and disable accounts, reset passwords, change access levels and various other IT requests. You will be trained on how to complete each task but you must be able to work autonomously from the Work Queue - you are responsible for allocating your own workload each day.
What we need from you:
- To enjoy working on similar tasks each day
- To work at pace with accuracy
- IT support experience isn't essential, but you must have experience with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Focus and discipline to complete tasks from the Work Queue
- A desk/chair and quiet workspace for homeworking with reliable internet
- To meet performance targets and SLAs
- 23 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working between 8.00am and 6.00pm each day
- Work from home
You must live within a commutable distance to Longbenton in Newcastle. The role is working from home but when the office reopens you may be working in the office. Your IT equipment is provided but you must be able to collect and return the IT equipment to the Longbenton office.
Due to the DBS check, you must have been a resident in the UK for five consecutive years, spending no longer than six months abroad during this period.
This is a temporary position, applications from candidates in a permanent role cannot be considered. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, then you have been unsuccessful for the role.