We are currently searching for an Administrative Officer for Her Majesty`s Prison Service in Bishopston, Bristol.
You will provide overall administrative support to ensure the safe and secure keeping of prisoners` files, past and present and to action requests in a timely manner to aid effective record keeping in line with local procedures.
The team you will be part of will be Complaints Handling and basic knowledge of word and excel is required.
Due to the nature of the role and the workload you will be managing, the successful candidate will need to:
- Be professional when exposed to sensitive information
- Be pro-active and able to work to a high-workload
- Have excellent attention to detail with data entry and filing records
- Be able to work in a team
The daily duties;
- Undertake filing on a daily basis to provide effective record keeping in line with local procedures
- Request and receive information/records from other establishments
- Store records appropriately / forward the back record or abscond record to the requesting establishment in a timely manner
- Deliver and collect post where appropriate
- Respond to queries relating to area of work, redirecting where required
- Provide administration assistance in area of work
This contract will be for 3 months, with possible extension
Hourly rate is £9.06
The start will be subjective to DBS and vetting as required