Brook street is pleased to offer a temporary assignment working for the Home Office as an Admin Officer within Asylum Operations. The role is full time, Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week.
The role of administrative support staff is to underpin the decision-making role to ensure that asylum cases are able to progress through the asylum process. From the point of routing this will include interview logistics, checking fingerprints and photographs, conducting re-documentation interviews, decision service, Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) enrolment and service, identifying and actioning absconders and referring cases to other teams whilst also playing a role in logging correspondence, file management and tracking and covering a duty phone line.
The administrative officer works as part of an administrative team and will be expected to complete the full range of administrative tasks, on a rotational basis. Full training will be provided.
The specific tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities of the post holder will include:
- Provide administrative support to the regional asylum team
- Undertake a range of administrative tasks such as file movement and tracking, logging correspondence, issuing decision letters
- Answer public enquiries on asylum matters.
- Preparing claimants files for interview/decision by establishing where barriers exist and working to clear these.
- Maintaining records on Casework IT systems
- Scanning casework files and correspondence and uploading onto storage platforms.
- Drafting responses to letters/emails sent by claimants and representatives.
- Working with casework teams across the country to arrange appointments for claimants.
- Serving documentation to claimants and representatives for both negative and positive decisions.
- Preparing casework files for appeal including preparation of bundles for court.
- Reviewing files prior to sending these to storage and other teams.
- Meet and Greet customers as they arrive in our office for interview and liaise with other staff.
- Undertaking bio metric enrolments of asylum customers, also including fingerprints and photos.
- Conduct operating mandate checks on cases within specified timeframes
- Monitor and update local spreadsheets accurately
Location: Harmondsworth -Staines
If you are interested in a business critical role within Public Sector, APPLY NOW!
Please note, for this role you will need to have an in date Passport. Without this we cannot process your application.