Up to £11.88 per hour + holiday pay and pension
15 days ago
Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. HMCTS provides administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone.
Our justice system defends our fundamental rights and freedoms. It is a cornerstone of our modern society and it must serve all those who call on it, when they call on it. From some of the most vulnerable people in our society, to families in crisis, claimants and commercial businesses - HMCTS has a responsibility to administer a justice system that is accessible to everyone and operates efficiently.
Our MOJ client requires an administrator to join the admin team within the Nottingham Magistrates Court,
based in Nottingham City Centre and offers a great opportunity to work within the courts and gain experience
The role is temporary and expected to run until November 2024 with the possibility of being extended past this date, working full time 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Duties may include but not be limited to
* Dealing with Emails from the public and professional court users
* Dealing with incoming calls
* Assisting Judges and Legal Advisors, ensuring the courts are prepared with the required files and any required admin assistance they may require
* Data Entry
* General Administration tasks and maintenance of databases
* Manage Social Distancing within the public areas of the court
* Manual and electronic filing
Ideal candidates will need to be experienced administrators and confident with IT systems including microsoft packages. You will be a team player and enjoy working as part of a busy team
Our client requires the following skills
* Good strong admin experience
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and outlook
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to remain calm in potentially difficult situations
* Ability to remain professional at all time and converse with a variety of court users
* Excellent customer service skills
The pay rate is £11.88 per hour
The role is subject to clearance checks which involve 3 years full referencing and a DBS check
Due to the high number of applications we receive it may not be possible to respond to all applications.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.