HMP Full Sutton - Administrator
Location: York (Full Sutton, Moor Lane)
Hours: Monday - Friday 9-5 (37 hours)
Pay: £10.21ph rising to £13.01
This is an ongoing temporary position until May 2022 with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
To work for HMP you would have to undergo a vetting process which can take a few months
- Supporting the HM Prisons Asbestos Surveyors in compiling data and production of outcomes.
- Responsible for maintaining administrative processes within specified timescales for your area of work
- Provide administrative support within your team / unit / group.
- Responsibilities include meeting support, collation of routine information, maintenance of databases and ad hoc administrative tasks
- Organisation of meetings / events, distribution of papers, support taking minutes/notes and writing up minutes
- Provide a first line of response to telephone calls to the department and directs callers as appropriate to the relevant member of staff
- Act as first point of contact for general administrative support as and where required. This may involve chasing up outstanding information, updating and closing down cases on the tracking system, retrieving files/ information and interrogating databases to obtain information
- Organise, produce and maintain accurate records for your area of work
- Act as contact point for all communications to the team. Prioritise and distribute communications to the appropriate person or relevant department
- Prepare paperwork for checking by manager, conducting initial checks as required
- Maintaining, logging and processing documents for the unit within given timeframe
- Monitor the functional mailbox(s) action any issues and where needed log the request in the relevant folder/spreadsheets
- Collate stationary request acting as requisitioner for the group
- Maintain and create relevant databases and ensure they contain accurate data, routinely quality assuring them - this can include restricted or confidential information
Essential Skills/experience required:
- Ability to produce minutes of meetings
- Good communication skills
- Admin skills/experience is essential
- Self Motivated
- Good problem solving and Analytic skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise workload
- A high level of computer literacy, with a good working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office products especially excel
- Good team work skills
- Able to use own initiative
If interested please apply and we will contact you directly if you have been shortlisted.