We are looking for business administrators to join our client HMP Wealstun on a temporary basis
If you have a strong admin background and are seeking opportunities within the prison service, this may be the opportunity for you
- Location: HMP Wealstun Thorp Arch, Wetherby LS23 7AZ
- Hours: Monday- Friday 37 hours a week - 9-5
- Assignment length: 3 months - could be extended subject to business requirements and if you are succeeding in the role you will be encouraged to apply for the permanent vacancies.
- Salary: £10.11 per hour
HM Prison Wealstun is a Category C men's prison, located near the village of Thorp Arch in West Yorkshire, England. The prison is operated by Her Majesty's Prison Service.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to managers and frontline staff by undertaking transactional work in a particular area.
This is a non operational role which may involve contact with prisoners depending on your area of work.
- Organise, produce and maintain accurate records for area of work
- Act as contact point for all communications to the team. Prioritise and distribute communications to the appropriate person or relevant department in establishment
- Complete monitoring returns for area of work
- Input requisitions on to the finance database and process requisitions for defined area of work
- Co-ordinate any awareness sessions for area of work
- Prepare paperwork for checking by manager, conducting initial checks as required
- Correspond with relevant stakeholders and agencies to ensure that they are aware of information so that information is adequately shared
- Maintain and check establishment databases, manual filing systems and logs of information, responding within agreed timescales and producing reports as required
- Collate information relating to relevant Service Delivery Indicators (SDI's)
- Act as secretary to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking, distributing minutes and action points
As the successful candidate you must:
- Have a strong admin background
- Confident user of MS Office
- Able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Confident with dealing with various stakeholders
This role will require you to complete a vetting process should you be successful which can take 4-6 weeks to return once completed
If this role sounds of interest to you then please apply now or send your CV directly to myself